- Member-to-member contact policy
- Offers to buy or sell outside of BAR Global policy
- Encouraging illegal activity policy
- Unwelcome and malicious buying policy
To keep the BAR Global marketplace functioning effectively, we are well aware of how important it is for members to be able to communicate easily with each other. However, to keep everyone in our community safe we have guidelines and policies that cover how you communicate. We don’t allow our members to:
- Make offers to buy and sell outside of BAR Global
- Send spam
- Threaten others, or use profanity or hate speech
- Exchange email addresses, phone numbers or other contact information, web addresses or links
Member-to-member contact policy
Spam (email)We don’t allow our members to send each other spam. “Spam” is an email (or part of an email) that is both unsolicited and commercial in nature. Unsolicited means the person who received the message didn’t request it. Commercial means the message discusses buying, selling, or trading of goods or services. Some examples of spam include:
- Unsolicited email offers sent to potential buyers
- Email messages sent to a member on a mailing list without that member’s prior permission
- Invitations to join a mailing list that aren’t related to BAR Global Shop
- Offers to buy or sell off BAR Global
- Email sent using BAR Global Messages (or features such as the Contact member link) to send unsolicited commercial offers
- Offers to buy or sell items outside of BAR Global
- Messages that include email addresses, phone numbers, social media links, contact information, or user names
- Messages that include links or web addresses
- Email and websites impersonating BAR Global – Some members have reported receiving requests for personal information in email messages that look like they were sent from BAR Global, but weren’t. Learn how to recognise spoof (fake) BAR Global websites and report spoof emails
- Sellers cannot show or link to direct email addresses in the listing or their Shop pages. Instead buyers can use the Ask a question feature at the bottom of the item description to send email messages to the seller.
ThreatsWe don’t tolerate threats of physical harm using any method including by email or on our public message boards (such as our discussion boards, Answer Center, and other community areas). Example: “If I don’t hear from you by tomorrow about the item I purchased, I will come over to your house and break your legs.” If you receive a threat, report it to local law enforcement. You should also consider contacting your local phone company if the threat was made by telephone, or the other member’s Internet service provider (ISP) if the threat was made through email communication.
Profanity and hate speechMembers aren’t allowed to use profanity or hate speech in their communications with other members through BAR Global.
Feedback comments containing inappropriate contentRemovable These types of Feedback comments may be removed:
- Feedback containing personally identifying information about another member, such as a member’s address, phone number, email address, or real name. We may also remove Feedback that can be used to obtain personally identifying information about another member, such as a delivery tracking number
- Feedback not related to a sale, including a comment, reply, or follow-up related to a different sale
- Feedback containing political, religious, social, or other commentary, rather than genuine comments about a sale
- Feedback containing language that is profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist, as well as comments containing adult material or physical threats
- Negative Feedback comments that directly contradict a positive rating. (When the comment is posted by the seller. This type of contradictory comment is not removable when left by the buyer.)
- Feedback containing links or promotional language which encourages buyers to purchase outside of BAR Global
- Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or BAR Global or PayPal investigations
- Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as “fraud,” “liar,” “cheater,” “scam artist,” or “con man.” Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn’t removed unless it also contains content that isn’t allowed
- Feedback comments containing URLs or links to barglobal.net or PayPal.com
Finally…As outlined in our User Privacy Notice, we don’t sell or disclose your information for marketing purposes. Your email address and other contact information might be disclosed to the other party when involved in a successful BAR Global transaction with you. We investigate and take action on reports of misuse of this information.
Offers to buy or sell outside of BAR Global policy
Briefly…We don’t allow our members to use BAR Global to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of BAR Global. Also, members can’t use information obtained from BAR Global or any BAR Global systems to contact each other about buying or selling outside of BAR Global. Sellers are liable for fees arising out of all sales made using some or all BAR Global services. If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside BAR Global, please report it to us. Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don’t, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling, or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit special account status and any discounts. You may be subject to the application of fees and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.
What are the guidelines?Not allowed Some examples of activities that aren’t allowed include:
- Using member contact information obtained from BAR Global or using any BAR Global system to offer to sell any listed item outside of BAR Global
- Posting or displaying contact information in a listing, including email, phone number, and mailing address, without the permission of BAR Global or except as required by law
- Cancelling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on BAR Global
- Including, requesting, offering, or referencing contact information or an offer to buy or sell an item outside of BAR Global within a Best Offer, email message, or other communication with an BAR Global user
- In your listing page or in communications with another BAR Global member, you can’t refer to or promote your personal website (including links to home page web addresses that promote websites outside of BAR Global ), sales outside of BAR Global or other businesses.
Finally…The best way to tell if you’re actually transacting on BAR Global is:
- Open the BAR Global app
- Tap on Orders and sign in.
- Check to see that the listing you’ve bought, or sold appears in the Purchase Orders or Sales Orders sections.
- If your transaction doesn’t show up in the orders, then you didn’t buy or sell the item on BAR Global.
Encouraging illegal activity policy
Briefly…For a safer buying and selling experience on BAR Global, we don’t allow selling or linking to items that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. If you’re a seller, make sure your listing and order fulfillment processes follow these guidelines. If they don’t, your listings may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?Not Allowed Here are some examples of information, items, and activities that aren’t allowed on BAR Global: Note: We may also remove listings as requested by law enforcement agencies. Examples of information
- Instructions on how to use or inject steroids (eBook, website, etc)
- Lockpicking DVDs or DVDs that provide information on how to pick locks
- A link to a website that provides information on how to hijack an aeroplane
- An eBook describing how to create methamphetamine
- Other sources of information similar to those listed here
- Pill presses, moulds and dies
- Products designed to fake the results of a urine or drug test
- Reflective spray paint or license plate covers or diffusers
- Software or services which can unlock blocked/barred mobile telephone SIM cards or enable access to restricted areas, confidential information or other encoded data
- Kill switch activated electronic devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Services to bypass or override kill switches
- Other items similar to those listed here
- Falsifying customs declarations or having an item marked as “gift” in order to avoid customs fees
- Buying an item and requesting that the seller falsify the customs or taxation documents related to the item
- If you find a listing that encourages illegal activity, you can report it.
- If you sold an item and your buyer asks you to commit customs fraud, you can report it.
Unwelcome and malicious buying policy
Preventing Unwelcome BuyingThere are several steps sellers can take to prevent unwelcome buying including:
- Set your delivery coverage miles.
- Cancel transaction
- Report member to BAR Global