Intellectual property and the VeRO programme
- Intellectual property and the VeRO programme
- Verified Rights Owner Program
We’re committed to providing a safer place to buy and list items, as well as assisting third parties in protecting their intellectual property rights. When someone uses other people’s intellectual property—such as copyrighted material and trade marks—in an unlawful way, it’s considered infringement, which is against the law and BAR Global policies. Before listing items on BAR Global , be sure to read and follow our rules below and our listing policies.
Rules that affect what you can list on BAR GlobalAllowed in some situations The following items are restricted or prohibited because they may infringe on intellectual property or other proprietary rights of third parties.
- Academic, beta and OEM software
- Certain branded accessories, packaging, warranties, or other items offered without the accompanying branded product
- Media, including:
- Digitally delivered goods
- Movie prints (35 mm, 70 mm)
- Perfumes and cosmetics
- Recordable media
- Beta software
- Bootleg recordings
- Items that may enable unauthorised copies, including:
- Hardware or software that would enable duplication of copy-protected material
- Modchips, game enhancers and boot disks
- Replicas, counterfeit items and unauthorised copies
Rules that affect how you can list items on BAR GlobalAllowed in some situations
- Using someone else’s picture or item description without their permission. Be sure you have permission to use pictures or product information created by someone else.
- Encourage or enable others to infringe copyrights, trade marks, or other intellectual property rights of third parties
- Improperly use BAR Global intellectual property, including use of the BAR Global name or logo and linking to the BAR Global website
- Include authenticity disclaimers or deny responsibility for the items offered in their listings
- Use images or text copied from other websites or internet searches in your listing or product page, unless the owner or creator has given you permission.
Reporting violations in listings or productsWe created the Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme so intellectual property owners could report listings or products that infringe their intellectual property rights. It is in BAR Global’s interest to ensure that infringing items are removed from the site, as they erode the trust of our buyers and good sellers. Here are some of our basic guidelines on what to do: If you’re the Verified Rights Owner: Only intellectual property rights owners can report BAR Global listings that infringe their copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights. If you are a rights owner, you can learn more about the VeRO programme and file a report from the Reporting intellectual property infringements (VeRO) page. If you’re not the rights owner: Even if you’re not the rights owner, you can still help by getting in touch with the owner and encouraging them to contact us. If your listing or product was removed: If you believe your listing or product was removed in error, learn more about how BAR Global protects intellectual property (VeRO).
Verified Rights Owner Program
What is this?The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program allows owners of intellectual property (IP) rights and their authorized representatives to report BAR Global listings that may infringe on those rights. VeRO embodies our commitment to provide a safe place to buy and sell, which respects property owners’ rights.
What happened to my listing?If your listing was removed based on a VeRO report, BAR Global sent you an email with details about why your listing was reported and how to contact the rights owner directly for more information. If you have concerns or questions about why your listing was removed, please contact the rights owner directly. Contact us in the following circumstances
- You can’t find the rights owner’s email address in your removal notification email.
- You sent an email to the rights owner, but they haven’t replied after 5 business days.
- Items that bear the rights owner’s trademark—such as a logo—but were not authorized by the rights owner.
- Unauthorized copies of audio, video, or other media.
- Unauthorized use of a rights owner’s images or text in a listing.
I want to report a rights violationWe appreciate your help in identifying and reporting listings or product pages you believe may infringe on your intellectual property rights. Reportable listings include
- Items that infringe on your intellectual property.
- Counterfeit or replica items.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted content in a listing or product page
- Wanting to control where a product is resold by trying to enforce contracts or distribution of goods to authorized sellers (selective distribution).
- Not allowing the sale if items are below a controlled price point (minimum advertised pricing or MAP).
- Any terms a brand puts into their contracts that controls the way items are resold (contractual issues).
- Government-controlled items that are illegal to sell (regulatory compliance issues).
email@example.comYou can also report alleged copyright infringements via a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notification sent to the BAR Global designated agent (contact information below) by providing ALL of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification or description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification or description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the BAR Global site, with enough detail that we may find it on the BAR Global app or website.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material isn’t authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
BAR Global Designated Agent BAR Global Ltd, Suite 208 Regent Business Centre, 291 Kirkdale, Sydenham , London, SE26 4QD
VeRO participant profilesIf you are a Verified Rights Owner, you may create a profile page which allows you to share information about your intellectual property rights with the BAR Global community. For example, you can provide information about
- A list of your intellectual property, including brands, trademarks, and copyrights.
- The potential consequences of infringing on a company’s IP rights.
- The conditions under which products bearing your IP may be sold.
- How to contact you with questions or concerns.
- Other frequently asked questions.